Speaking of queens, I have just scanned the book on the tatting of Queen Marie of
Rumania.  It is full of the pictures of her work and will be of great interest, I
think, to the tatters among us.  It won't appear on the Professor's site until after
Christmas, though, as he is off on a well-earned vacation and as you know, everything
goes to him to be processed.
But that is only one coming attraction!  I am in Philadelphia at the moment, where the
Philadelphia Free Library--which has a large collection of lace books: check their web
site--opened their shelves to me and I was able to scan three other books--a Lefebure
in French (Josette!), the text with a few pictures of the Anna Scott Dike collection
(Devon, where can I find the pictures? this is really just a survey of the
collection), and a charming little English lace book by one Mme. Goubaud (I wonder if
she really was French, or whether it sounded better to an English lace teacher to give
herself a fancy French name: more on that speculation another time.)

And other future attractions: half a dozen Italian books from Bianca, and a group of
books as yet unreceived from Vibeke. I have a busy winter ahead of me!

On another note: before I left for Philadelphia, I had sent out over a hundred CD2s
and probably 50 or more CD1s. A busy time, it was--it's nice to have a bit of a break!

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])