Dearest spiders...
I read the following from Jane in Vermont with some amusement.... because I have one
of these lights, and never thought about using it for lace.  They're commonly sold in
outdoor outfitters for cave exploration or working in dark places.  I can attest to
the fact that after wearing them for an hour or more your forehead gets sore.  But at
least lace making in the comfort of one's home probably means bugs won't be swarming
around your face.  If anyone is inclined to try the head lamp, you'll have to get used
to pointing the beam with your head, where ever your head is pointed, that's where the
beam of light will be.

Beth McCasland (biologist by profession)
Metairie, Louisiana, USA

Jane in Vermont's note:
DH also came home with a wonderful new toy.  It's a light that fits on your
head with a elastic around the head and one over the top.  There is a little
light thing and a piece that holds three AAA batteries (I think).  It has
three settings - one looks like normal light bulb light, one is bluish (true
color?) and the third is red (night vision?)  I can't find it and he's not
here so I can't give you the maker at the moment but it looks like something
I might borrow for the next class I take!  You can aim the light onto what
you are working on - very cool.