I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I slipped on the ice on my way
to work one morning and demolished my right arm (and yes, I'm
right handed).  I can empathise with your predicament, Patty.

I didn't do too much craft-wise for a few weeks excepty that I was in a cross-stitch
round-robin and part of the "rules" were to finish and
forward the project within one month of receiving it.  I was a little late with a
couple of the projects, but can cross-stitch well with my left
hand!  Towards the end of my time in my frame (had an external frame as the bones were
in too many, badly damaged pieces to be able to use a
cast), I had my sister here teaching Milanese to class loads of students.  I had
signed up for lessons, so got on with my design and worked away.
It was great to have the teacher available to do all the sewings (especially the very
tricky ones) and joining in of new threads.

And yes, Jacquie - I really will finish my fish one of these days.

Malvary in a very green Ottawa where most of our snow has gone (but I'm sure there
will be more before spring).