Actually, thinking about this again, what I do is have spurts of
pricking things and so will spend a weekend pricking out quite a few
patterns so that they are done and dusted for when I just want to start
some lace.

I also used a time at a lace group to wind over 200 bobbins over 2 hour
spurts each week and this meant I could do virtually any project in a
particular book without having to go wind the bobbins.

But then, I'm mad

Liz