Actually, not.  This is not the most expensive bobbin in the world.  When I
commissioned Stuart Johnson to make Sylvia the bone and 18 Kt. gold bobbins
and then had to have 18Kt gold beads made to spangle them, I thought they
were the most expensive bobbins in the world.  Then Brian Lemmin told me of
an antique bobbin that sold for more than one of Sylvia's at auction.
However, I priced some solid gold bobbins this past Christmas and they
without spangles would have run 900 pounds.  Maybe next year.