On Feb 7, 2004, at 0:58, Ruth Budge wrote:

Is there an Arachnean who lives within a reasonable distance of Hannah and
Amanda who can act as an collection-agent like Noelene did after the Canberra
fires? I'd like to think that we could help replace their lace equipment as
we did for Jenny last year.

Too much puter twiddling for *my* two remaining brain cells...:) What' I've done (and others might chose the same route) is send a pledge of a certain amount of money (sort of like "gift certificate"?) to a US lace supplier, and the URL to the two "burn-outs" to pick what they need within that amount. I no longer have any *spare* lace equipment going.. <g>

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland