I sat my pillow on a table, the same as a lace pillow, but it has no stand.
The e-bay 'pillow' would be very high if used this way.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Alice Howell
Sent: Saturday, 17 April 2004 1:33 AM
To: Jay Ekers
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [lace] bizarre

At 06:56 AM 4/16/2004, you wrote:
>My pillow is rectangular and has no stand but it is just possible that the
>pictured article could have been used as a pillow for a small round motif.
>Jay in Sydney, Australia

When  you used this pillow, where did you put it?  The few needlelace
makers that I've seen working have had the work above the lap so it could
be easily seen and comfortably worked on.  The old pictures of lacemakers
with the small round ball pillows had them on their laps.

This would be hard to hold on a lap, and it seems like it would be too far
away from the eyes if it sat on a table.

I think this is a pincushion, perhaps for hat pins, that sat on a dressing
table.

I do wish the seller had shown all the cupid cutwork, though.  It is a bit
unusual.

Alice in Oregon -- where it's a cool wet week following record high
temps.  And  the Vancouver Volcanoes Lace Day is tomorrow!