That depends very much on the policy of the institution and on the degree. There are
many different "master's" degrees and they do not all require submission to University
Microfilms or other institutions (although UMI does accept master's theses, it doesn't
follow that all master's theses are sent to UMI, in other words).

I did some googling. Michelle Chase received her MLA degree (could be Master of
Language Arts or Master of Liberal Arts) from Winthrop University. She lives in Fort
Lawn and belongs to the Golden Bobbins guild and IOLI. Her thesis is not listed in
their on-line library catalog (http://www.winthrop.edu). You could try e-mailing the
university to ask about their policy re: MLA theses or e-mail Michelle herself at
zzmclwc @ hotmail.com. I don't know how often she checks that address, since it's her
Webmaster address for the Golden Bobbins site.

Avital