I don't think Judges here in England have lace on their robes, but may be
wrong on this.

Not quite the same thing but the Speaker of the House of Commons has a
Honiton jabot and cuffs, made by Pat Perryman.  And several mayors (I wonder if
there is a list of them anywhere) have jabots or whatever to wear with their most
formal regalia, usually made by the local lace groups.  There have been
articles about some of these in Lace over the years.  I wonder how they are
surviving now; it must be worrying making a handmade, high maintenance accessory
unless you are fairly confident the care will be available to look after it,
through frequent changes in custodianship.

Jacquie