Thank you very much to all who have replied on the list and privately to my question.
I do not remember this thread to be commented on the list, and really has been very interesting to see the different evolution that laces have experienced in different countries and among highest political or judicial functions.
I think that in these cases, laces cannot be considered as a hobby but a tradition that has survived up today.
Kind regards.

Carolina. Barcelona. Spain.
--

Carolina de la Guardia http://www.geocities.com/carolgallego/

Private apartments for rent in Spanish Coast
http://www.winterinspain.com