I once met a lacemaker at the  NSW Lace Guild meetings in Sydney who uses
plastic Midlands bobbins with PVC tubing on them.  It seems to work great
with those with arthritis, etc.  I am hoping to get some thicker ones made
myself after trying some of Noelene's continentals as I too am having
trouble with the thin ones.  Who cares how the stick is passed, as long as
the lace is made with as little pain as possible.

Lynn Scott, Wollongong, Australia