Annette wrote:

"I'm looking for a pillow I can eventually make  full-size fans on.  The
only one I've seen is from Kleinhout, but it's flat - I find flat
pillows difficult to work with when using Bruges bobbins.  I prefer a
cookie pillow  - does anyone know of a pillow suitable for working fans
that is at least slightly domed? "

Rather than having a pillow especially for fans I made an extension for my
22 inch round pillow.

I drew round the pillow on to a piece of MDF, and then added an 8 inch
extension to one side so that the finished effect would be a like an oblong
pillow with rounded corners at one end, and a round pillow at the other.
Then the MDF was cut out. I cut a piece of polystyrene the same height as
the edge of the pillow and the same shape as the shape of the extension
drawn on the MDF, covered it in dark blue polycotton, and then stuck it on
to the MDF. The pillow sits on the round, bare part of the MDF. My pillow
stand is the type with a peg in the middle. So the MDF extension and the
pillow both have a hole in them. When I put the extension part on the stand
with the pillow fitted on top, both can be rotated independently so that
there's an area for the bobbins to rest on no matter which part of the fan
I'm working on.

Cutting the MDF so that it's the same size of the pillow and adding an extra
bit to one side, means that it's still stable on the pillow stand and not
inclined to fall over because of the extra weight of the extended part on
one side, or wherever I rotate the extension to.

Jean in Poole