There is a photograph somewhere on the internet of hair weaving in action.  I
wonder what I was looking for when I found it!

Anyway, it reminded me of working Kumihimo braid and certainly my "bobbins"
for that are lead weighted - three differently weighted sets in fact for
different threads.  I say "bobbins" because they are more like a cotton reel
shape,
which is easier to pass over the Marudai than the long lace bobbin shape.

Jacquie