I haven't ever tried "shrink-wrapping" my luggage, but did have my luggage
locked on a recent domestic trip. Airport Security (now U.S. Gov't
employees) wanted it unlocked and then they searched through everything. I
locked my luggage because I thought it would just be x-rayed and our (New
Orleans) had some security people arrested for stealing things from
luggage. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you try to wrap your luggage
in plastic wrap, they will probably want to cut it. The best you can hope
for is that you'll be present when or if it's searched.

Beth McCasland
Metairie, Louisiana, USA

a bug hit my 'puter, so sorry if this hits the list twice