I took a good look at your 'bobbin'  .  I think it may have been used in
embrodery, when the stitcher doesn't  a picture drawn and the fabric is
really goiing to show any markings.  One of my grandma's had one in her
sewing box.  She said she used it  to stuff some of her embrodery.  I'm sure
that   it was my dad's mother, as mother was the baby andthe older ggitlllls
has given everything away.
Any way  It never came my way.
I don't promise thats what that is, bbut it looks similar.