i hate to see people slammed or flamed because someone jumped to
conclusions.  it seems everything anyone says is wrong sometimes even
if they meant well.  i have been there, and i don't want to argue with
anyone.

i am not getting involved with any side of any story, but i think it
would have been nice to not have 100 people writing nasty letters to
myself or someone else because of one letter that someone
misunderstood.

i didn't read Dora's letter, but if she is going through what i already
had to a while ago, i hope the moderator will do her job and put a stop
to it.  iI'msure i am  the last person any of you would have liked to
have a response from!  i am also sure eevery timemy name is on this
list someone cringes, but i don't really care.

 this website is a nice way to learn lace as a hobby, and it is also
nice to talk to others who can help each other out when they are
confused or totally lost.  it's a shame people aren't as careful as
they wish ootherswere about what they write.  i see a lot of careless
aaccusationsabout other countries and other people's governments, but i
see no one flaming or slamming them.

 i wish other people on this website would acknowledge the letters as
you know they were meant to be for each letter that someone sends that
says something different.  if everyone on this website would do that,
then these things would die down quicker. Making someone feel like they
have been alienated by an entire list of people who are usually quick
to reply to anything could be turned around if the lurkers would send a
nice letter like what was just sent by clay blackwell.

I'll remind you again i don't really care what you think, but I'll bet
we are all hoping to here more about what was in Dora's bag then what
someone took so offensively in her letter.  we can all have one then,,
and i think we are all going to need them.

 in America we have our emergency car bags that include a blanket,
candles, flares, jumper cables, food, bottled water, flashlights,
pocket knives, rope, a tarp, chains, and a battery powered radio that
will pick up weather channels.  what could someone carry around with
them to help them in an emergency like this?

i also agree with Dora because i don't drive.  i walk, ride a bike or
find a ride with someone.  i usually carry a purse with food, a drink,
a pocket knife, a miniature flashlight, a cell phone if you have one,
but a blanket is hard to fit in a purse. it would better for everyone
if you would just print suggestions on what to bring instead of sending
nasty letters.

 we are all going to end up with gigantic walls built between each
country or state to attempt to stop this crappy terrorism, and then 100
years later we will all celebrate it being torn down just like the
china wall. there is no cure for terrorism and pointless to argue with
people unless you were at al quada's gate.  save the hate for them.

--- Clay Blackwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dora wrote,
>
> > > I'm thinking, my knapsack is jsut about large
> > > enough for bicycle tools and rain gear....   LOL!
>
> To which Tamara responded,
> > And I hope you never have bombs rain on you, so you can keep on
> > laughing out loud for many years to come.
>
> But what Tamara did NOT include in her response was a very important
> sentence in Dora's note...
>
> >Honestly, I read this expecting to see people carrying a personal
> emergency
> kit in case of terrorism! < (which was followed by the description of
> her
> knapsack)
>
> So I believe that we can safely assume that Dora was laughing at her
> own
> mistaken understanding of the personal emergency kit, and NOT at the
> horrible experiences everyone even remotely connected to the latest
> acts of
> terrorism have endured.  It is good to laugh at your own mistakes.  I
> don't
> know Dora, but I expect she has been stung by the words which suggest
> that
> she is a simpleton who laughs at tragedy.  In times of immense
> stress, many
> people need to laugh to maintain their emotional equilibrium.  Dora
> was
> laughing at HERSELF folks.  Let's not be so hard on her!!
>
> Clay Blackwell
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the
> line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.