Hi everyone

I'm compiling a display for a group of spinners and weavers, interested in
bobbin lacemaking. I have sections broadly about traditional laces (=
antique, or remade from old lace patterns); traditional adapted (e.g.
remade using coloured threads; a new design based on traditional
technique); and modern - new design using the basic bobbin lace
not resembling a particular tradition of lace.

The organizers have asked specifically that the laces I show them are
using natural fibres (not too difficult - almost all...but what about
wire? they liked the idea, but the theme was natural 'fibre', so not wire
this time...)

Now, I very much hope I can encourage a lace group - so...my question to
the list, if you could help me...what do you like to use bobbin lace for?
apart from studying it, deconstructing it, learning how to do it -
Gifts (and if so, what sort - wedding, bookmarks, ornaments)? decorate
clothing? use motifs on greeting cards? I need general interest appeal -
something that non-lacemakers could identify with.

In effect, this is a survey of sorts - to what uses do *you* put your
lace?

 bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com