One thing I haven't seen raised in this thread - I seem to recall that beeswax is acidic. I don't know how acidic, and I don't know if or how beeswax would affect linen thread over time, but it is something to think about.

If somebody has a piece that was made, say, at least 5-10 years ago, that had beeswax on it, it would be interesting to hear from them as to the current condition of the piece. I am always very reluctant to put *anything* onto my linen threads, since the very first linen doily I made turned deep amber brown on the parts where I "reinforced" my knots with fabric glue.

I know, I know, I wasn't supposed to do that - but the point is that the fabric glue claimed to be non-yellowing. It didn't yellow for at least 3 years, but after that - wow!

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)