Sue Clemenger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I don't do much lace, lately, but I've heard that particular,
>disparaging comment for decades, and in reference to a variety of forms
>of needlework (quilting, monochrome embroidery, spinning, knitting).

I weave, tat, net, knit, and make fingerloop braids.

The only patience any of these things takes, for me, is a tiny bit at the
beginning, when I first sit down to do them.  I have maybe a minute or two
where I think, "Well, this is a bit dull, but I'll just work on it for 5
minutes so I can say I did it."

The next thing that usually happens is my son says he is hungry, I look at
the clock, and I find to my amazement that 40 minutes or sometimes a couple
of hours have passed!  By that point I've stopped noticing time and am
thinking "Just another row" or just another chain, and then I'll stop.  Or
maybe one *more* row.  Or two. . .

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com