i wrote the seller and he said that he felt it was handmade because of
the inconsistant thread tention.  he also said it had isrealy (isrealie
?) origins, and the seller told him it was hand made, but she has been
wrong before.

i thought you were going to guess it by the descrition you were giving.
 at least you knew it couldn't be english.  i'll bet if i gave you a
few days to think of it, you or someone on this list would have gotten
it right!!

i thought it was a beatiful piece of lace work, and i'm sorry i was too
cheap to by a yard considering it was 100 years old!  even if it were
to come out to be machine made, but then again i have the photo to copy
for the pattern, and i plan to keep it.

> It looks more French to me.  Doesn't quite have the feel of beds.  I
> don't see any gimps, and those look like pomegranates, which I'm not
> sure I've seen too much of in beds lace.  The footside isn't a common
> English one either.  And if it was English, I don't think they'd have
> done rolled tallies on it, since they're slower to make than the
> humped
> ones.

from suzy in tennessee,u.s.a.