I have been amazed (and flattered) at the interest my idea has produced!  I
spoke to the Lace Guild this morning about the convention and mentioned the
relay while I was on the phone.

If it looks as if the event is a possibility, and if it looks as if National
Lace Day is a potential date, then they would be interested in having a note
about it to go in the next edition of Lace - copy date 10th February.  I am
happy to submit this but need *permission* from the group as a whole.  For
example, do we want to encourage new members to join arachne so they can join
in.

If approved of, eye catching phrases for the copy would be greatly
appreciated as would a concise description of how the event will work in
practice - it
may not be the biggest lace day ever numerically but geographically it will be
and so has the potential for much publicity.

Jacquie