I had it described to me as fancy weaving.
Sue T in Dorset UK
In those long, long years ago, when I was a weaver but only a
lace-dreamer, I used to hear lace (along with other textile crafts)
referred to as "off-loom weaving." That doesn't really cast a whole
lot of light on the matter.
I think the fundamental difference between needle and bobbin is that
bobbin lace (like other weaving) requires two basic working threads,
the warp and the weft; whereas needle lace (like knitting, sewing,
crochet, etc.) requires one basic thread. Of course, all these basic
working threads can be dolled up (gimps, etc.) but I'm talking about
the underlying structures differentiating b and n.
Aurelia
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]