From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Sue Babbs
Sent: March 2, 2006 10:07 AM
To: Catlady
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Introduction

> Anyway, I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba....

Canadian suppliers that spring to mind are:
 http://www.victoria.tc.ca/~wt912/
http://www.trilliumlace.ca/

US suppliers
http://www.vansciverbobbinlace.com/
http://www.lacemakerusa.com/
http://www.lacemaking.com/
http://www.lacysusan.com/index.html
http://www.snowgoose.cc/

This is not a comprehensive list, just what I can think of without too much
effort! I don't know about their policies on payment, you'll have to check
the sites for that.

Oh! I've just stumbled across the Arachne page for suppliers ( I don't know
how up-to-date it is):
http://www.arachne.com/suppliers/lace_sources.us.html

and list of Canadian lace guilds (dated 1996!!!) :
http://www.arachne.com/guild/canada.html

There is a Canadian lace guild and magazine, but I can't readily find info
on that

American Lace Guild: International Old Lacers Inc
http://www.internationaloldlacers.org/

Lori the lace fairy has collected lots of sage advice for beginners on her
pages:
http://lace.lacefairy.com/BeginGuide.html

Hopefully soon - others will chip in with more info. I'd better go out and
stop playing on the computer for now.!!

>> Sue Babbs
>> (an Englishwoman living in Chicago)

>Cool.... My family came from Manchester.... I'm first generation
>Canadian....

I come originally from the Wirral (across the Mersey from Liverpool). My
first job after university was in Manchester, and that is still my preferred

airport for flying into the UK - lovely early morning flight along the coast

of North Wales. then I  know I am home!
Sue