Hello,

And the question was:   Is there something lace-related that you have
wanted for years but could not get either because they're very hard to
come by, or you could not justify the expense?

And the answer:  YES.  Plenty.  Let's see:
        1) I could use more time.

        2)I wish I could meet lots more lacemakers:  I've been on the
list for years (actually found it two weeks after it started, and been
mainly lurking since) and would love to meet all the people on it.
Right now, things are a bit sad, since many people are in Montreal, just
two hours away, and I'm not there.  Oh well, that's life, and I could
not justify taking time to go.

        3)I guess if I had to pick one thing,  I would say a block
pillow.  I have seen some in catalogs, but they are expensive.  I have
seen some at a Lace Day, not so expensive, but the blocks weren't
covered, and that was a problem.  I am useless at sewing and could not
even figure out how I would go about covering blocks.  So, I'm still
waiting, for that day when a not too expensive block pillow, with
covered blocks, makes an appearance.  And for those of you wondering why
I don't make one myself:  useless with wood and sewing.

        4) The only other lace related thing that is on the definite to
do list, is a visit to Le Puy en Velay.  I've been to Bruges, and loved
it, and plan to go back one day.  I would just love to get to Le Puy dn
Velay.  I have my fingers crossed.

I know that I've been quiet for years, and I will probably go quiet
again come September, but I will try to keep up with the list for the
next few weeks and chime in if I can.

Lise-Aurore
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In rainy Ottawa, where the temperature has been hot nad/or rainy for
weeks.  I'm not complaining.  As far as I'm concerned, if it's not
snowing, it's great weather.