Hello Sue

I thought I had heard about it shrinking once off the pins and taking that into account, so I will store all this information to help guide me through the process. What I think might be a good idea too, at some time before I make it, is to try working a small leaf piece and see if I like it before working a whole fan and being unsatisfied with it. Worth the extra work I think.

If you do that - and like the result - leave the sample to settle for a day or two then compare it to the pricking to see whether or not you need to slightly enlarge the final pricking.

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/