Dearest Spiders,

In my old age I have mellowed and come full circle to the teachings of my sainted Southern Mother. However, back in 1977 I began lacemaking at the gentle hands of Ann Cope at White Hill Centre in Chesham, Bucks England. When the gentle ladies in the class heard a Southern drawl (think Dukes of Hazzard) "S------ttt," they knew I had broken a thread. Using a Retors 30 was fine thread for me way back then!

Faithfully trying to emulate my Mother, a tatter.
Betty Ann in Roanoke, Virginia USA