I think it was Tamara who asked this question in the middle of an e-mail.  And
I thought, "Once again I am knitting socks, which has nothing to do with the
lace list."  But then I realized I am knitting *lacy* socks.  I am using the
Drooping Elm Leaf pattern from Mary Thomas's Book of Knitting Patterns.  I
started at the toe ( a relatively new experience for me) an have four repeats
of the pattern to go the width around the sock.  I had some problems with the
pattern.  In row 7 there's a slip one, knit TWO, pass slip stitch over, which
kept completely throwing the pattern off, so I 've only been doing a slip one,
knit ONE, p.s.s.o. and that seems to do the trick.  This is the first pair of
socks I've done for myself in a long time, so I am looking forward to wearing
them.

  Cathy in Newark, DE, U.S.A.