I have finally started working on my competition piece for IOLI this summer
and also another napkin ring for the IOLI cd, both bobbin lace.  Yesterday I
finished knitting a jacket in a variegated rayon and I have started sewing it
together.  It does look lacey as it is a variation of the feather and fan
design, hope to wear it tomorrow for my British club meeting.

The other
piece of lace I recently made was a "90" for a card for a lace friend, Janet
Bingle who will be 90 early in March and still makes lace.  I made the gold
and blue 90 and sewed it onto a scan of a small doiley, then made it into a
rosette with ribbons.  This was stuck on the front of the card and on the
inside I printed a photo of Janet and the birthday lace poem by Noelene
Lafferty.  We had a surprise birthday party on Saturday after our lace guild
meeting complete with champagne and Janet was delighted with her surprise even
though she had told her daughter not to mention her birthday.  Susie Johnson
took some wonderful photos of the event but she missed getting the one where
Janet was threatening me with a knife for giving away her secret!
Janice
Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/