Having recently completed the garter lace for my daughter, I have also now completed my strip for my convict bonnet and am almost halfway through the first of my special lace cuffs. Both the convict bonnet and the cuffs are my first really exciting venture into designing my own pieces which are actually working, so I did learn some valuable lessons with the couple of sample bits that went wrong.

The cuffs are to go on an outfit for our living history camping, originally wanted in August but we have now decided to use them in May instead, so I have spent the last couple of weekends cutting out, with a couple more items to go before I begin a mass sew in. We do the American fur trade times but as Scottish, hense my cuffs with thistle heads on:-) I have also cut out the bonnet to make up and a special pocket for my costume, which I am going to add my card exchange hummingbird for decoration. You can't believe how excited I am to see that done, who ever chose our partner swaps did a fantastic job for me<g> Collecting in my little box are all the bits of lace that need making up into their end item (this bit is the part that gets left, so I must begin to make myself get on with some of those too. Luckily my DH is getting more domesticated, so shares some of the jobs around the house these days.

I have loved reading about all your projects. I sometimes have a couple of pillows on the go at one time, especially when I was going for my lessons, one class piece which needed information to be taught and other little bits to do on another pillow for when I got stuck, or if I needed a little item done for someone at the same time,
Sue T, Dorset UK