Robin Lewis-Wild, although I don't know what else she might have done, she
did make the gi-normous  hanging, like a Torchon bookmark in rope.
a few decades ago.
The Austria-Spitze lace artisans, too - for their flowing definitely not
traditional designs cogent with the Art Nouveau movement - and using only 3
pairs of bobbins (impressive to the lace techno-geek, if no-one else) .

The term 'modern' is an art category, as we also have 'post-modern'
'contemporary' can mean right now, or at-the-same-time-as something of a
much earlier era (e.g. contemporary with 'Bedfordshire' lace).

A term I'm seeing now is 'creative bobbin lace' or 'creative Torchon' -
meaning that they use the conventional techniques in a new way.

This list is off the top of my head in about a minute and not  thought out,

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)