On Jul 29, 2007, at 13:54, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Devon) wrote:

Perhaps it would be fun to imagine that we were going to have a gallery show
of modern/contemporary lace, sample title "Is it modern or is it
contemporary", and who we would include in such a dream team show.

I think a list would include:
Anny Nobens
Lenka Suchanek
Susan Lambiris
Aurelia- of course
Wako Ono
Junko Samejima
Jana Novak
Ilske
Jane Atkinson
maybe those people who make the wire fences

A couple more in the US, if we're gonna sing the peans to the unsung modern designers...

Elizabeth Mc Donald (of Pennsylvania; IOLI Bulletin front cover, Spring '04)
Radmila Zuman
http://mysite.verizon.net/rzuman/
who, like Lenka Suchanek and Jana Novak, is an expatriate from ex-Czechoslovakia, which reminds me of a couple of (ground-breaking IMO) designers still there:

Milca Eremiasova:
http://www.gallery.cz/gallery/cz/milca-eremiasova.html
and
Zdenek (?) Dolezal (?) I hope some of our Czech readers will straighten me out on this one; I'm looking for a guy who's designing dncers and all I'm finding is some 'puter geek :)

Out of curiosity... How will you decide which names should or should not go into the virtual gallery of the modern/contemporary/cutting edge/creative lace designers? Since "clumsy/ugly" vs "elegant" (Aurelia's standard) is not, really, an objective measure, but a highly personal judgement?

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/