What fun! What a wonderful idea! A virtual gallery all our own! Yes, yes, yes!

Aurelia

Let us not forget that there is some very interesting work being done by Japanese designers. I believe Wako Ono has had an exhibit. Also Junko Samejima was due to have one. Many of these designers are employing Flemish or English technique but producing designs with a Japanese eye.

Perhaps it would be fun to imagine that we were going to have a gallery  show
of modern/contemporary lace, sample title "Is it modern or is it contemporary", and who we would include in such a dream team show.

I think a list would include:
Anny Nobens
Lenka Suchanek
Susan Lambiris
Aurelia- of course
Wako Ono
Junko Samejima
Jana Novak
Ilske
Jane Atkinson
maybe those people who make the wire fences
Jane has pointed out the website
_http://www.glofab.se/nordiska_museet_content.html_ (http://www.glofab.se/nordiska_museet_content.html) , or actually the
entire _www.glofab.se_ (http://www.glofab.se)  site  which contains some very
interesting examples of modern lace

This list is off the top of my head in about a minute and not  thought out,
but who else do you think should be on it?

Devon