---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: How much credit should be accorded on finishing? Even on a point system divided between different aspects, a nicely hand finished piece picks up 10 points over one that is not. But my emerging feeling is that, since judging impacts the development of the craft, I would like to encourage more and better lacemaking, not laborious French sewing.
I see your point, Devon, but I'm not entirely comfortable with it. I agree that the lace itself should be more important than the sewing. However, shouldn't presentation and finishing count? Should delicious jam not lose points for being put into competition in a dirty, cracked container? Should a garment not lose points if it's entered into a contest all wrinkled and stained? Should framed lace not lose points if the background is warped and rippled? I agree that the points for execution of the lace should be greater than points for the presentation, but there ought to be points for both IMO. Robin P. Los Angeles, California, USA - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
