Do you object to an item being professionally framed?  Isn't having
something mounted (I'm sorry, I didn't see the original post, so I'm
thinking that "mounted" basically means "sewing to a piece of cloth") by
someone else similar to having something professionally framed?  In each
case, the lace is prepared in its final stage for display.

Not all lacemakers are very good at sewing, and I have a hard time seeing
why they should be judged on a skill that isn't directly related to
lacemaking (I happen to love sewing, but in my opinion that is a whole
different arena).

And why should someone loose points because of their sewing or framing
limits, when some other people just pin their lace to a piece of
cloth-covered insulation? or paste onto a set of fan sticks?

Just musing, and playing Devil's Advocate here -- but I find I pretty much
believe what I'm writing.

Carolyn