What will we call this handy device?
Clay's Diagram-Dock maybe ;)

 over!!  The holder even protects the diagrams when I pack up to go to class
> or to a guild meeting.  I love this thing!!
>
> To see this, go to...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2vocwm

I use 4-page transparent folders with a turn-out sleeve on each 'page' so
that groups of papers can be kept together according to whatever project I'm
working on. Then I have the reference material - diagrams, my notes, samples
of the thread or the lace itself contained, and more accessible for me than
if in a single stack.

I have a staple-less 'stapler' which is a dandy toy for clipping papers
together - it is of no help particularly with lacemaking but it is clever,
and I prefer the neat small hole it makes,  to the metal staples.
--
Bev  (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)