Replying to myself..... is that another 'nearly 50' thing to contend with..... I noticed that I didn't sign off the previous message so here goes Celia Mulhearn in a cold, foggy and frosty SE London but where the sun is trying to peep through

Celia Mulhearn wrote:
Hi everyone
At the momet my 'useful gadget' is a large plastic mixing bowl... I have just started a Honiton Sampler and have found that my pillow sits nicely onto the bowl similar to a honiton pillow stand (which I'm hoping to get for my birthday in May from DH) This makes balancing everything much easier.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I propose a useful thread: Tell us about the handy things you've found in "everyday" life that have been applied to your lacemaking in a new and helpful way! A couple of years ago, we talked about "Clay's tool", which is a swivel-hackle plier made for fly-tying. I discovered that this could be used as a "clip-on bobbin" when you broke a thread, or if you reached the bitter end of the thread when the lace was almost finished.