Hi Angel and fellow spieders
May I just say that you are an inspiration to all of us.
We may not have perfect eyesight and or a bit of arthritis, but we are able-bodied.
Agnes Boddington - warm and sunny Elougthon UK

Angel Skubic wrote:

Haha Clay...

What don't I do? I do anything and everything, short of weaving when it
comes to textiles/fiber. Not that I wouldn't like to weave but where would I
stick a loom? My house is already so overcrowded!!! Ah to weave an oriental
rug or two...or a tapestry... I spin (and I buy the fleece and wash it and card it etc) I knit, crochet,
and tat. I do both cross stitch and needlepoint. I can hook rugs. (however,
there is so much yet to explore in that direction) I sew and have designed
my own patterns. I have designed a quilt...and that is just fiber and
textiles. I also do chain mail. (and chain jewelry) I can make metal into a
fabric for clothing or just make very lovely bracelets. I also make evening
bags that were inspired by the Victorian chain evening bags (micro chain
mail...very small links) To this and to the textiles I often will add
beadwork. I have a notion to make a beaded shade for an antique lamp of
mine. (with the original shade framework)
Besides the textile and metal work, I also am an artist. I like to
draw...have been doing it since I was 2 according to my mum. I painted with
water color and acrylics in high school and beyond. I am now thinking about
exploring pastels.
Being handicapped I have LOTS of time on my hands. I can't stand it when my
hands are idle so I craft and craft and craft some more...gifting people
with bracelets, earrings, throws, socks, hats and mittens, and occasionally
a large cross stitch or needle work piece to frame and hang on their walls.
The hardest craft I do is lace and I took that up inspired by a picture book
of antique laces. I figured...DANG... once upon a time, somewhere in the
world, people made it by hand. I refused to believe the craft was totally
lost and searched until I found some British sources. They had British books
on British lace. I quickly embraced the Buckspoint lace and have never
looked back. I STILL do all the other things as well. Yeah...I am a tad
crazy but, I am never bored.

Cearbhael