On Fri, 16 May 2008 06:35:56 +0800, Hilary wrote:
>Any hints about using variegated thread successfully? I've been using
>some Valdani thread as workers in a piece of Torchon and it's comming out
>in regular stripes - not the effect I wanted at all.  Other times I've
>used it and the patterns been completely lost and a mess.  What's the
>trick?

All the pieces that people are pleased with use a variegated thread with a
small range of colour variation - shades of one colour, or two adjacent
colours on the colour wheel.  The types of variegated thread that have
several colours in break up the item visually so that for me the shape of
the lace itself is lost.
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]