Dom,

Where in France is the Queyras region?  The 'photos-saint-veran' appear to be
in the Alps area.

These are really beautiful pillows, the carving is wonderful,  and I really
like the stand of the one from Cogne region.  I want one of each, just to
display.

Lorri
Graham, Washington State, USA
in the foot hills of Mt. Rainier.

--------
France in the Queyras region ..   there's a picture on this page
http://www.chez.com/dentelle/info.htm<http://www.chez.com/dentelle/info.htm>
and a photo of how it is used on this one :
http://maisonducostume.com/html/espace_museographique.html<http://maisonducos
tume.com/html/espace_museographique.html>

A view of the place
http://leschaletsduvillard.fr/photos-saint-veran.htm<http://leschaletsduvilla
rd.fr/photos-saint-veran.htm>

and the pillow that was used in Barcelonette (french Alps) actually
looks like a car tyre but was held between the lacer's knees .. i
couldn't find a picture though ..
and there's also the pillow of Cogne in Italy
http://www.dentellieres.com/Musee/Cogne/<http://www.dentellieres.com/Musee/Co
gne/>

for those who like traditional costumes
http://www.alpesgourmet.com/theme/folklore_fr.asps<http://www.alpesgourmet.co