When I did a workshop on Russian Tape Lace with Nadine Pauwels from Belgium
when she was visiting Australia, she taught me a good trick which I use in
all sorts of  different lace.

Instead of a pivot turn where you just wrap the workers around the pin, you
work as follows:

Work to the last pair, then  Cross Twist Twist Cross and pin back both pairs
with a glass headed pin.  Your workers are still your workers.

Next time you get to the pivot pin spot, work the same stitch, but use the
same pin.  Continue like this.   You can move the pin along a tiny bit each
time to smooth out the inner curve.

Then, when you've worked your way around the bend and have placed a new pin
or two on this inner edge, remove the glass headed pin and gently pull up
the outside pair.

I find it not only works with tight bends, it also works with gentler curves
too, where I leapfrog two glass pins around the curve.

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am working on a Milanese butterfly and working around the tip of the
wings
> the instructions say to do a Pivot Turn on there and what I was wanting to
> know is there a limit of how many times you can go around the pin at the
Pivot