Hi Wendy,

This is probably way too elementary for you, but I was having the worst time
with my bobbins coming undone - for years! - until I got the courage to ask
on this list. My problem was that I was doing the hitches in the wrong
direction. Are you doing yours the right way? The wrap for the hitch should
be in the direction opposite to the direction on the bobbin.

Once I changed that, I was reborn as a lacemaker! The hitches (just one)
hold beautifully yet are just as easy as ever to release when I need more
thread.

Good luck,
Sr. Claire