Hello All,
it's a bit late, I know, but I want to send you my thaughts about this subject too. In my opinion we should stop to look about those old books and the terminologie in there. the vocabulary of lace has changec a lot since the book of Mincoff and others. And it makes things only more complicate if we stack to them. I told you once the story I found in an English lace book from about 1880. There is written Barbara Uthman invented lacemaking. She lived in Harz mountain. The thruth is, she doesn't invent anything about lacemaking. She forced the people in Erzgebirge to learn lacemaking for earning their living. ANd she szcced in this. And she is born and lived in Erzgebirge not in the Harz Mountain.
Hoping that I could convince you.

Greeting

Ilske