Not Fray Check..please.  I doubt you'd see blue, just yellow.

Anyway.... there are some brands of similar stuff that don't turn yellow.

I would suggest common white glue...if the item is never intended to be
unframed.  If there is any possibility that it might be taken apart in the
future, how about using simple flour paste -- flour and water (mix and cook one
minute in the microwave).  It dissolves in water if you want to loosen it. This
paste is used to mount fans leaves to fan sticks so should work on your backing
fabric.

And remember not to seal the back air tight if you have glass on the front.
Leave some 'breathing' space between the glass and the lace also. If there is
no glass on the front, then there's lots of breathing space.

Alice in Oregon -- just home from Theology of Wine class.  Tonight was German
wines.