If you have enough thread length to sew in, but not enough to thread a needle, you could try using a thread loop to weave it in, i.e. folding
a fine thread in half and feeding the loop through the eye of a needle
as has been described here for doing sewings or adding beads. I've used this method for weaving in short threads in lace and in my other needlework.

Lisa Thompson in Plano, Texas USA

Rhiannon wrote:

I have some ends from sewing out which have come undone from their knot
....... I am trying to sew these out through some fabric backing but very
short now! Does any one know of a miracle to solve this issue?
fray check from the other side of fabric?
I'm sure as always someone will have a cunning plan!