On Dec 28, 2008, at 9:41, Susie Johnson wrote:

Figuring out how to keep our creatures happy and still make lace is yet
another element of lacing techniques. <smile>

And a very old one, too :) If you look at the cover of the Nüw Modelbuch -- published in Zurich in 1561 -- you'll see two lacemakers busy at their pilows and, on the floor between them, a little dog, sleeping. Probably worn out from trying to decide whose lap to invade, the poor thing...

I hope everyone keeps telling what they are working on...

Nothing on the pillow; still too much on the stove and in the oven, due to my son's annual visit (try cramming 18yrs of favourite foods into a 10 day visit <g>). But a little idea percolating on the drawing pad; a medalion based on one of the LePompe patterns. Earings, I think. But later; in the New Year; I'll fire up the pillow once I've doused the other fires...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/