On 7 Mar 2009, at 07:51, David in Ballarat wrote:
I am currently at about the half way mark with Miss Channer and finding the going quite tough. Not the stitches themselves - the tediousness comes in managing the sheer number of bobbins, which are all indeed necessary. I now have the maximum amount on board (will count them at the end) and sometimes can only work a couple of passes before I have to unload a whole lot in order to progress. Despite all that, I am really pleased with the effect that is appearing from behind the pins.

Here's a hint to help manage the bobbins. Instead of using knitting stitch holders, I use extra long hat pins. It's very easy to slide one through the spangles, then raise the hat pin to a vertical position, and stick in the pillow. You can 'store' many more bobbins in less space and it's easy to move the hat pins around. I'm using some antique hat pins - one of my many excuses for haunting flea markets - and many that I've made myself using very fine, sharply pointed knitting needles with beads glued on one end. They're pretty too!

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot