---- David in Ballarat <d.collye...@aapt.net.au> wrote:
I have to say I've often wondering just how Continental bobbins are
kept in any sort of order without any spangles to thread on things.-----

Other things used with continentals are:
knitted/crocheted strips with holes to poke the bobbin bottoms through
ribbon wrapped around one bobbin, then twisted between each additional bobbin
and tied
"tongue depressers" with elastic stretched from one end to the other over the
bobbins
"snap tape" (used for baby clothes) where bobbins slide between snaps
wood "U" with pin in the bottom, to scoop up bobbins at their "waists" and pin
upright
wood "U" with pinholes on the ends, to scoop up bobbins and store horizontally,
pinned in place

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com