When I had 350 or so bobbins on the pillow doing battle with Miss Channer's demanding mat, and ran out of stitch holders, I used shoe-laces to tie up bundles of bobbins. The end of a shoe-lace threads easily through a spangle and tied with a bow, the bundle can be stacked anywhere and released quickly.
Janis Savage
In Honeydew, South Africa

------

An option I find useful with spangled bobbins is a short (maybe 6"/15cm) cord with a loop on one end. Lia gave us these in a class--it was made from chain stitch, with the last stitch going into a chain several back from the hook. Thread the cord through one spangle and pull the end through the loop. This anchors the cord to one bobbin. Then you can gather neighboring bobbins by threading the cord through their spangles. The cords are short enough to make manageable units. You can grab a unit by the free end and move it anywhere, stack it on top of other units, etc. A pin through the free end is all it takes to secure things, so they pile up better than hard holders.

Robin

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com