Dear Irene and fellow arachneans,

I have used Madeira glissengloss sterling and loved it (it's the thread I
used for my metallic coasters on webshots) no breakages but some tedious
moments with unwinding at the bobbin latch stitch. It too is termed a
blending thread but used it as the only thread for my pieces. I've just
ordered some more as I want to work a whole piece in bronze but not decided
on the design yet!
I also plan to use DMC pearlescent effects Mouline in white as a single
strand as a gimp thread with Madeira cotona 80 as ground thread; the wrap
ratio for suitable gimp to main thread works out well according to Brenda's
calculation in "Threads for Lace" I just hope the shimmeriness will be
noticeable enough. I hope to utilise this thread combination for a ring
pillow edging and hope to pick out the pearlescent colouration in the main
cushion fabric or maybe just in the ribbons for holding rings.
Has anyone else used the DMC metallic/pearlescent effects Mouline thread
range? I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks as always

Rhiannon
(Ireland)