I use the Mouliné a lot for gimps or a highlight (either passive or weaver),
the colour choice is good, and the individual strands come away from the
full strand readily. It must be the wiriness of the metallic? Do make a
half-knot at the cut end to control fraying. A single strand behaves well on
a sturdy bobbin. I wind a bit of cotton thread onto the bobbin first, to
give the metallic some friction when the winding is first started.

To keep the skein orderly, I store the strands in a small ziplock baggie ( I
don't separate the entire skein into strands unless I need a great length
for a project). A skein of this is useful, and the choice of thickness can
be adjusted by adding or taking away strands.

General comment: DMC Mouliné is usually found for sale with other embroidery
threads (in Canada, I get this thread at Michaels).

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada